The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NGX) closed in the red due to buy-ins and sell-offs, causing the overall market to fall by 6 basis points. The All-share Index (ASI) finished the day at 49,161.45 points after losing 0.06% of its value.
Similar to that, the Market Capitalization decreased by N15 billion to close at N26.52 trillion, and the Year-to-Date (YtD) returns were 15.08%. Since the year’s start, the stock market has increased by 6,445.01 base points.
At the conclusion of the trading session, the market capitalization of SWOOTs was unchanged.
Market breadth ended the day’s trading session in the negative, with MULTIVERSE leading 13 gainers and MAYBAKER leading 17 losers.
- NGX ASI: 49,161.45 points
- Previous ASI: 49,218.35 points
- % Day Change: 0.06%
- % Y-t-D: 15.08%
- Market Cap (N): 26.517 trillion
- Volume: 206,206,729
- Value (N): 2.36 billion
- Deals: 3,777
NGX Top ASI gainers
- NGXGROUP up +10.00% to close at N1.70
- MULTIVERSE up +10.00% to close at N0.28
- ETERNA up + 9.91% to close at N1.52
- COURTVILLE up +8.89% to close at N8.40
- CHAMPION up +8.53% to close at N0.20
NGX Top ASI losers
- MAYBAKER down – 9.79% to close at N3.50
- REGALINS down – 7.69% to close at N0.24
- VITAFOAM down – 6.98% to close at N20.00
- UNILEVER down – 5.38% to close at N12.30
- GLAXOSMITH down – 5.00% to close at N5.60
Top 3 by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 38,462,277
- ZENITHBANK – 35,273,904
- FCMB – 30,185,296
Top 3 by Value
- ZENITHBANK – N710,832,788.45
- VITAFOAM – N362,764,708.15
- AIRTELAFRI – N294,247,800.00